MacTechGroup Meeting Wednesday Oct 1 - iPhone Forensics

Owen Hartnett owen at clipboardinc.com
Tue Sep 30 17:31:14 EDT 2008

This is a test of the Mactechgroup email mail list.  If it is a
working test, you will get two copies of this message.

MacTechGrp Meeting Wednesday Oct 1,  2008 7-9PM Room 315 Bldg E51 MIT
Sloan School

iPhone Forensics - Jonathan Zdziarski

Jonathan Zdziarski will be using examples from his latest book,
iPhone Forensics, to demonstrate forensic techniques on an iPhone
running the latest firmware (2.1) from his Macbook running Leopard.
He'll cover bypassing the passcode, installing a forensics recovery
toolkit, and will present an overview of the kind of evidence that
can be recovered from an iPhone, including GPS data, map tile
reassembly, typing cache, and more. We'll fit as much as we can into
the short time period we have. Jonathan will be touring various
cities in the US this fall with O'Reilly Media, giving two-day long
forensics workshops for law enforcement, enterprises, and those
interested in the field of computer forensics.

Jonathan may be the only guy around who can legally talk about the iPhone.

************************
You can get a map showing building E51 at
<http://whereis.mit.edu/bin/map?oldstate=2&off.x=4620&off.y=1640&hi=bldg_e51&zoom.x=89&zoom.y=38>

The MacTechGrp always meets the first Wednesday of the month.
(Sometimes I screw up the date of the notice, but it's always the
first Wednesday)

You can get more information on the MacTechGrp and directions at
http://www.mactechgroup.org.  Sometimes even the meeting
announcements are up to date.

To contact the unindicted co-conspirator irresponsible for this group,
email owen at clipboardinc.net