MacTechGroup Meeting Wednesday Jan 7 -SQLite in your iPhone

Owen Hartnett owen at clipboardinc.com
Sat Jan 3 23:49:47 EST 2009

MacTechGrp Meeting Wednesday Jan 7,  2008 7-9PM Room 315 Bldg E51 MIT
Sloan School

SQLite in your iPHone

This month's foray into the iPhone will be on the SQLite database
that's built into the iPhone.  If you're familiar with PostgreSQL,
MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle, you'll want to check this out, because
SQLite is a far different animal.  In fact, there's lots of quirky
stuff about this database, and how you use it.  We'll cover the calls
used to access the database, what's different about SQLite (there's a
lot!), and see an actual implementation of it in the code and discuss
if there are better ways.

Bring your own iPhone stuff as well, along with questions and announcements!

************************
You can get a map showing building E51 at
<http://whereis.mit.edu/bin/map?oldstate=2&off.x=4620&off.y=1640&hi=bldg_e51&zoom.x=89&zoom.y=38>

The MacTechGrp always meets the first Wednesday of the month.
(Sometimes I screw up the date of the notice, but it's always the
first Wednesday)

You can get more information on the MacTechGrp and directions at
http://www.mactechgroup.org.  Sometimes even the meeting
announcements are up to date.

To contact the unindicted co-conspirator irresponsible for this group,
email owen at clipboardinc.net