Tomorrow!! ** MacTechGroup Meeting Wednesday! Apr 4 - 7PM

Owen Hartnett owen at clipboardinc.com
Tue Apr 3 12:41:42 EDT 2012

MacTechGroup

The MacTechGroup holds meetings for Macintosh programmers on the first Wednesday of each month at MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.

Next Meeting:
Apr 4 2011 7:00 PM Building E51 Room 315 MIT Sloan School

NOTE THAT OUR OFFICIAL ROOM IS 315 - but check the other rooms in that corridor!!!!!
Subject:  Hacking & Securing iOS Applications
Presentation: Jonathan Zdziarski

The first half hour to hour, we have an open discussion session.

 Tonight's special guest is Jonathan Zdziarski, author of several books on iOS.  Jonathan will be by to talk about his latest book "Hacking and Securing iOS Applications: Stealing Data, Hijacking Software, and How to Prevent it." Here's Jonathan's biography from Amazon: "Jonathan Zdziarski is better known as the hacker "NerveGas" in the iOS development community. His work in cracking the iPhone helped lead the effort to port the first open source applications to it, and his book iPhone Open Application Development taught developers how to write applications for the popular device long before Apple introduced its own SDK. Jonathan is also the author of many other books, including iPhone SDK Application Development and iPhone Forensics. Jonathan presently supports over 2,000 law enforcement agencies worldwide and distributes a suite of iOS forensic imaging tools to obtain evidence from iOS devices for criminal cases. He frequently consults and trains law enforcement agencies and assists forensic examiners in their investigations."

You can get a map showing building E51 at
<http://whereis.mit.edu/bin/map?oldstate=2&off.x=4620&off.y=1640&hi=bldg_e51&zoom.x=89&zoom.y=38>

The MacTechGrp always meets the first Wednesday of the month. (Sometimes I screw up the date of the notice, but it's always the first Wednesday)

You can get more information on the MacTechGrp and directions at http://www.mactechgroup.org.  We're also on Meetup.com now - check it out.  Please sign up for our group on Meetup, and swell our ranks.  It's free to sign up.  I'm paying the bill.

To contact the unindicted co-conspirator irresponsible for this group,
email owen at clipboardinc.com